July 25, 2008

So it begins

Let me start off by saying that I am not a great writer. I aspire to be a good writer someday, but I want to make sure you understand that this is not where you will find brilliant prose. I'm starting this blog because I want to have an outlet for my observations and thoughts. This could last a week, or maybe I will feel comfortable continuing for a while.

I am a teacher....in California....and have on numerous occasions been a passive participant in conversations with colleagues or friends about issues where I have felt it necessary to keep my mouth shut. I don't feel comfortable speaking up because I am scared to death of being ostracized....you see, I'm not a liberal or a Democrat. I'm not a Republican either but, more times than not, I disagree with the liberal viewpoints. I am open-minded and appreciate hearing both sides of any story/issue, but I gravitate towards facts and common sense. I want to be able to make up my own mind about what I believe is right. It bothers me that I cannot freely speak my mind...that's why this blog was created.

1 comment:

Chanman said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I wondered if I would only last a week. Now, three years later...